Mind & life
His Holiness the Dalai Lama has gone one step further by engaging with scientists to compare and contrast the Dharma with various scientific fields, including physics, chemistry, biology, and psychology.
The ‘mind and life’ events occur even 1-2 years and are hosted by His Holiness. They offer an open dialogue between scientists and Buddhists to help facilitate for discussion that help to compare and contrast.
There is a point of difference to make: in some cases science can prove that something does exist, such as medical definition of death. But just because of that definition does not rule out the existence of the Buddhist definition of death which might occur immediately after the medical definition or several days later.
Several books from the ‘mind and life’ events and similar dialogues have been published and are certainly worth reading.
- Mindscience, ISBN 9780861710669
- Mind and Life, ISBN 9780231145510
- Gentle Bridges, ISBN 9781570628931
- Healing Emotions, ISBN 9781590300107
- Sleeping, Dreaming, and Dying, ISBN 9780861711239
- The Mind’s Own Physician, ISBN 9781608829927